Why Start Here?
Located in the South-East corner of British Columbia, Cranbrook is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream come true. The city is surrounded by some of the most picturesque golf courses, ski hills and lakes that the province has to offer. With the best of nature in our backyard, there is no shortage of things to do!
Cranbrook’s history began many years ago when Colonel James Baker convinced the Canadian Pacific Railway to build their Crowsnest Pass rail line here back in 1898. It was incorporated as a city just a few years later in 1905. Now home to over 20,000 residents, you will find our city has an abundance of activity with a small town feel.
Nestled amongst the Purcell and Rocky Mountain terrains of the East Kootenay’s, Cranbrook is just a short four hour drive from Calgary, Alberta and one hour north of the USA border. We welcome you to come explore our little corner of Canadian paradise.
Local Resources & Contacts
Are you stuck or need some help tracking down a local resource? Here are some links that can get you to where you need to be.
- City: www.cranbrook.ca
- Cranbrook Business Directory: http://cranbrookchamber.com/business-directory/
- Western Financial Place: www.westernfinancialplace.ca
- Kootenay Rockies Tourism: www.krtourism.ca
- Police non-emerg: 250-489-3471
- Fire non-emerg: 250-426-2325
- Weatheroffice: http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-77_metric_e.html
- Road Report: www.drivebc.ca
- Cranbrook Map: http://docs.cranbrook.ca/downloads/2013-COC-Map.pdf
- BC Road Map: http://www.hellobc.com/getmedia/0de8a359-2d38-4200-bc5e-5bb5ee763c41/maps-british-columbia.aspx
- Cranbrook Statistics: http://cranbrook.ca/our-city/information-and-statistics/population/
Missing something? Contact us.